1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

1004mc form-have you received any fee increase from amc's?

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by MZ818, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I am trying to find out who here has received a fee increase for including this form for an amc. If so, how much have they increased the fee? Or have they turned down your requests for increase and re-assigned. Thanks for the input.

2. bishop

bishop New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    California
    that's a good question. inquiry mind wanna know, too!

3. ramrcdk

ramrcdk Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Hi, so far it should be voluntary that you add it as it is NOT yet mandatory...and NO to a Form Page that is (or will be) a portion of the 1004 Form and MUST be included for any federal fan-fred related transactions. So good for you if you can get a $bump$!

4. appraisal23

appraisal23 Sophomore Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Jersey
    ive already talked with 2 large lenders managerse and there will not be a fee increase...the quote was "this research was already done by you...,we just need it on paper".. aslo rels and wachovia had this form last year and wouldnt increase $ then

5. Non Sequitur

Non Sequitur Elite Member
    Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Louisiana
    When have they paid extra for anything?

The AMCs aren't going to pay for it because there are dozens of appraisers who will not complain behind every appraiser who balks. It's that simple.

6. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California

What's a "federal fan-fred related transaction?"

----------------------------------------------------

Don't ask for a fee increase to "fill out a form."

Demand additional fees for the additional services rendered.

7. Paul Isolda

Paul Isolda Senior Member

May 20, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Connecticut
    It is not a "portion of the 1004 Form" and must be included for appraisals they will be going to FNMA or FHLMC. Which may or may not be easier to identify in the future, who knows how that is going to play out? The idea that "good for you if you can get a $bump$" is absurd. If you went to an architect and told them that the municipality where you were building required a new form that was going to take them some time to fill out, even if they already had the necessary data to fill it out, would you not expect them to charge you for this additional time? Make up additional examples over and over again about how you would expect someone performing a service for you to charge you more if you asked for something that was going to take them more time. I had a clown come to the house for my 3 year olds birthday party (who charged for 90 minutes about what we get for a 1004). What do you think he would have said if I asked him to stay another 30 minutes?

When are we going to get our heads about us and stand up for ourselves?! More work @ same pay = pay cut. Why is this acceptable to us? Have we not eaten enough s**t recently?

8. William K

William K Senior Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    My simple response to anyone making the comment "you had to know / have this information anyway"

"I know many things, however if you want me to fill out a form to tell you all the things I know it is going to cost you."

9. SmilingDog

SmilingDog Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I was told... "It's just a form with some check boxes, how hard can that be?"

10. vcarlospitts

vcarlospitts New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    California
    appraiser

is there any place in california where i can go and take a class on the new 1004mc so i will know how to fill out the form accurately?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.