1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ACI 2012 with mobile device

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by MZ818, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Looks like ACI has partnered with phoenix mobile to provide field gathering on iPad or iPhone. Read it in the back of working RE magazine. Read the reviews on Phoenix and it seems every user has reported it to be worthless, because it always crashes. Does ACI do this to us on purpose? Do they think that people will stay with them after all the crashing. Let's just keep the crashing consistent across the board on our mobile device too!

2. Randolph Kinney

Randolph Kinney Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    How does it compare to Total for Mobile?

3. indiana residential

indiana residential New Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    Indiana
    I agree, let hope they keep the crashing, and poor tech support too

4. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I played around with it last night. The field gathering is similar, but the sketching plain sucks. None of mobile sketchers compare to an Apex product, such as Nexus or Mobilesketch for the iPad. It is supposed to wirelessly integrate with ACI2012.

5. SWright

SWright Sophomore Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    New York
    Just wanted to chime in with a few thoughts:

We would love to give anyone a webex of PhoenixMobile - which would allow us to walk you through the app and how it integrates with ACI.

Almost always, when someone is having a problem, a simple walkthrough is enough to clarify any confusion.

If you have a particular feature request, or something you'd like to see changed - we want to hear it!

This is the only thing we work on over here. We don't make desktop software, and we don't have any other products beyond what is required to support PhoenixMobile - so we are completely committed to continuing to develop the absolute best mobile tools available.

Call us up anytime, get a walkthrough, and decide for yourself!

It doesn't cost anything to download the app and play with it.

We are based out of Buffalo, NY - so we generally are available immediately during normal business hours EST - but even after-hours, you stand a good chance of getting ahold of us. If any particular time works best for you we will absolutely setup an appointment and meet whenever is most convenient for you.

Support at phoenixsuite.com

If you don't get the help you need - or you want something more - anyone is always welcome to email me directly - and I will make absolutely sure your question/concern is addressed.

SWright at phoenixsuite.com

Steve Wright
    President
    PhoenixSuite, LLC

6. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Just spoke with Steve over at Phoenix Mobile and he walked me through their product. Seems like it can be a very solid product for gathering field data and sketching. I ran the latest update that fixed the crashing. The sketching is actually much easier than I thought after seeing how it works and soon some updates will be released that add additional features to the sketching portion of it. It's free to download right now for the iPad.

7. Fargo1

Fargo1 Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    North Dakota
    Steve - Any ETA on an Android version?

8. SWright

SWright Sophomore Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    New York
    We are looking at later in the summer - with significant enhancements to the sketcher and the forms along the way.

Everything already "works" on the Android - but we have to button up the app. I don't want to overpromise because we have a lot on our plate with the various integrations, lots of requests for additional forms, and existing plans for making some other improvements to the iOS versions.

9. Summer

Summer Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Connecticut
    I am really liking it. Has lots of potential. Having an issue with photos. Not coming over with sync.

10. MCC6

MCC6 Sophomore Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Where can I find the iPad apps? Under what name?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.