1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ACI conversion to AI Ready deleted glossary of UAD terms

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by MZ818, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    So the glossary of UAD terms is deleted when converting report to AI Ready to submit to the client. How to fix?

2. Mike Plumlee

Mike Plumlee Junior Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    Couldn't help noticing this is the third time you've posted this in the last day. There's two ways you can solve this problem:
    1. Create an addendum with the glossary yourself and make it part of your template.
    2. Call ACI or write George Opelka and ask the question.

3. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    It's pre-printed as part of the form, so it should be included as part of their conversion to AI. That's why we pay tech support fees every year, so they can fix what's wrong, not do a workaround for something that we pay for.

4. Mike Plumlee

Mike Plumlee Junior Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    I can't disagree with you. Which leads me to option 2 - have you called ACI or written George Opelka an email to get a response? Or maybe even engaged a tech in the chat function on their web site? Posting your issue here is probably the long way around and I'm sure you'd like it fixed quickly.

5. Joe Milla

Joe Milla Junior Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Massachusetts
    George will say....Blah..Blah.. Blah ...... Blah.Blah.Blah. I spent $349 for tech support also, but am a Day 1 user (Nata.Nothing) good luck ACI users.

6. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Tech support line was busy, chat is disabled and I emailed George's head guy Andrew about this issue. Waiting for a response. ACI tech support is very hard to reach right now.

7. dbiggers

dbiggers Senior Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Florida
    Just in case you haven't been helped, I can tell you that AI Ready does support that type of form (the glossary), but ACI will have to map it to FNC's specs or it won't convert.

Before FNC added it and before we had it working in TOTAL, our users did a workaround of adding it in as scanned pages. Not sure how ACI does that frankly, but I assume you have some way of scanning in full pages and converting them to AI Ready.

Now that FNC supports the form, our users no longer have to do that, and I assume ACI will add it soon so you don't either. It's easy, so I can't imagine it taking them long. Meanwhile, I'd try this scanning workaround.

Dave Biggers
    Chairman
    a la mode, Inc.

8. George Opelka

George Opelka Sophomore Member

Mar 6, 2003
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Florida
    It's not necessary to scan the definitions page as we've already mapped the form. When you're in FNC's uploader, you can access the UADDEF page from the Forms drop down in the upper left hand corner. As long as you're current with the UAD update or if you recently ran SP2, then you should be all set with the form.

Hope that helps.

George Opelka, ACI

9. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I rant the UAD update, now I get that access violation error, ACI crashes and won't open. This has become very frustrating.

10. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Ok, ran SP2, webupdate, then UAD update and now it seems to have worked. I guess it has to be run in that sequence for now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.