1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

aci crashed and trying to recover my last file.

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by MZ818, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    When I try and open the file I was working on, I get a message saying file is possibly corrupt and is being modified by another user. I tried to restore the backup and no luck there either. Same msg. Any ideas on how I can recover this file?

2. jmarch305

jmarch305 Sophomore Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    Did you try shutting everything down and rebooting? usually works for me. Where is the file stored-locally on your hard drive or another drive or off site?

3. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    My file is stored on my hard drive, backed up to an external and backed up to carbonite. Carbonite could not make a copy and was pending when it crashed, my external did not make a copy because I have to close the report for it to recognize it. I tried shutting it down and no luck.

4. jmarch305

jmarch305 Sophomore Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    The fact that the off site backup was pending when it crashed could be why it thinks someone is modifying it. Can you reach anyone at your off site backup to see if there is a partial file there or something you can restore from? not sure what else you can do. for future reference if you go into report>options>environment>file management you can have a backup and a copy(on the external), then also backup to the off site. It seems a little overboard until you have a situation like the one your in now.

5. MZ818

MZ818 Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I just ended up re-typing it. Figured that it would take me longer to figure out how to recover it vs starting from scratch.

Backup files to my external? I do have that option checked, but my external drive only recognizes the file once the report is closed. Any ideas on how to back it up on external while report is open on my hard drive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.