1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ACI work disappearing

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by Obsolescent, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obsolescent

Obsolescent Senior Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    :new_cussing:

What would cause the a whoole page to disappear in ACI? I was typing some extended comments and went I went back to the grid that whole page was blank. I tried to pull up the "backup" but it was missing out of there too.

2. imhere

imhere Sophomore Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New Jersey
    I have had the problem happen a few times in the past. Never was able to identify the cause. Did have a few problems when I ran out of memory. Now I always save frequently as I am completing an appraisal.

3. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    The best way to back up your reports is to copy and paste the file to another directory folder or hard drive so ACI can't corrupt it. I ways do a copy/paste before spell check, rules check, adding lots of photos or adding pages to the report.

Holding down the backspace on the text area under Comps grid 4,5,6 was always a sure fire way to cause a crash that wuold blank out your page. Not sure if they fixed that. Too afraid to try.

4. carol109

carol109 Sophomore Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    Wow. I was nosing around here because I am having the same issue with SFREP and was thinking of changing to ACI. But with SFREP, I have discovered what does it so maybe I better stay???

5. Mary Tiernan

Mary Tiernan Senior Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    I lose data when my report "automatically" saves - drives me nuts to type the same thing over and over. Tried to do a save myself to avoid loosing the newly typed paragraph, and lo and behold, gone.

I don't think the issue is as prevalent when you type under a specific heading, i.e., Neighborhood Market Conditions rather than typing straight into the addendum without parceling out the topics? I went into the addendum heading and typed the same paragraph (5th time, I believe) and didn't loose it again. . .

6. billmcevoy

billmcevoy Sophomore Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    oposite problem

Actually when I am typing under a specific heading is when I lose data. Hit save or suffer through the programmatic save every and poof it's all gone. This is a problem I've been seeing for years now which went away until the changed the addendum editor to allow you to type anywhere.
    I wish they would add usable features instead of stuff the programmers find interesting. We need a search and replace and the ability to cut and past whole sections, why do I care about being able to type anywhere in an addendum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.