1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Adding A Link To Uspap

Discussion in 'Appraisal Education' started by Mike Garrett RAA, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    I think it would be a very good idea for all the USPAP instructors to have a link to USPAP in there posts. Just added one to mine. This is not an original idea on my part.

2. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    Oppps .... someone please edit (fix) "there" should be "their". Thanks, Mike

3. Don Clark

Don Clark Elite Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Virginia
    B) Mike,

I would....if I thought anyone would read it. Fat chance. And, since all attendees at the 7 hour UPDATE course are required to have a current copy, that should suffice. Again, I agree with you but making it available here does not assure anyone will actually read it. I know, I am cynical. But, I am also a realist.

4. jeff samolinski

jeff samolinski Senior Member

Apr 18, 2003
    A link to uspap without any context to a specific circumstance would have limited utility. The reading and or even memorization of uspap is merely a first baby step albeit a necessary one. Where the real learning begins is when we can get appraisers to look for answers to a particular problem or question they have within uspap otherwise it is just another book on the shelf imho!!!!

I submit that 6 months of dedicated use of uspap in terms of applying it to everyday problems one encounters far outweighs 10 required courses on uspap just to satisfy CE requirements.

5. Joe Masin

Joe Masin Sophomore Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the link, Mike. If only ONE person uses same, you've done well!

Jersey Joe

6. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    Mike, I'm not a USPAP instructor, although I thought about the possibilities of going after it, but I've had a link for a very long time. I also, as I'm sure you've seen, referenced to just click on it and read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.