1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

ADP code in FHA case #

Discussion in 'FHA/HUD and VA' started by residentialguy, Mar 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. residentialguy

residentialguy Elite Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Minnesota
    Do you add the 3 digit ADP code to the end of your FHA case number on your reports?

I just got stipped to do this. I've always just put down the first 10 digets and never had a problem.

ie FHA case #277-1234567 :shrug:

2. Lloyd Bonafide

Lloyd Bonafide Senior Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I never have. I do have one client that usually sends a case number with the dash and extra three digits, but I have never put that full number into a report.

3. residentialguy

Mar 24, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Minnesota
    I just got off the horn with FHA and they said that it is NOT required....HOWEVER, if that client wants you to put it on, it might not be a bad idea if you want to continue to work with them. :(

4. Thomas Fiehler

Thomas Fiehler Senior Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    I put down whatever is shown on their request. I have 5 FHA's now, and all only give me the first 10 numbers.

5. Doug Meyer

Doug Meyer Senior Member

Sep 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Indiana
    TROUBLEMAKER Just sit down, shut up and do as you are told!! :rof:

6. residentialguy

Mar 24, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Minnesota

ROTFLMAO - That's about it. :rof:

7. residentialguy

Mar 24, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Minnesota
    BTW, here's the outcome of how this ended.

I wrote to them and said:

I contacted FHA about this and they confirmed that adding the ADP code is not required by FHA. When the case number is ordered, the ADP code is not attached to the case number. It has nothing to do with the way you proces your report or how it is submitted. ADP codes are strictly for insuring purposes and is required to be entered in the paper work for insuring documents only. The appraisal is not to be used for insurance purposes. The ADP code added to the report actually makes it more confusing for FHA.

Please contact me so that we can clear this matter.

LENDER'S RESPONSE:
    After review, it was determined that the ADP codes are not necessary to be added to the FHA case number. Please disregard request to add the ADP codes. Thank you

:beer:

8. Lloyd Bonafide

Lloyd Bonafide Senior Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I have this one really good-paying client, and I've done maybe 100 FHA appraisals for them in the past two years. Never have I put the 3 digit ADP code in the report, even though they sometimes include the extra three digits in the case number they send me.

All of a sudden today they want me to add the "-734" number to a case #. So I asked if they were sure about that, because no other client has ever asked for that, and they said it's now a HUD requirement?? (I have other FHA orders in process from two other clients, but no ADP number.)

After what you found out from HUD, I'm sure they are mistaken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.