Advertising

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by bobby jones, May 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobby jones

bobby jones Junior Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Minnesota
    Greetings, I'm in the process of putting together a pamphlet for marketing purposes. Aside from a fee schedule what other information do you all use in yours.

Thank You

2. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    Your location, typeservices you offer, brief bio of your self and your business, service area map, 24/7 contact information, web page address. Maybe a bit of information on what an apprisal is all about and why you should get one. Also a statement why they should be choosing you over someone else.

3. bobby jones

bobby jones Junior Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Minnesota
    Thank you Ray. Does anyone have a sample they would like to show me?

Thanks

4. Wendy

Wendy Senior Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    I put nudie photos in mine! Just kidding! :banana:

5. Joker

Joker Elite Member

May 28, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    Wendy,
    I am loking for an appraisr in DeLand, FL. Can you send me a marketing pamphlet?

6. Thomas Fiehler

Thomas Fiehler Senior Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    Bobby-Make sure that if you use photos of properties (or sketches) that they don't imply a elvel of experience that you may not have. For example if you are licensed residential, don't use commercial or residential that exceeds 250K value limit. Good luck on the marketing. It is something we all must do, but most really don't like to.

7. Karen Romeo

Karen Romeo New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Bobby,

I did a brochure for my mentor using Microsoft Publisher. If you are able to read that file type, I'd be happy to send you a copy. Or, I could drop one in the mail to you!

Karen

8. Tom McDowell

Tom McDowell Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
    State:
    North Carolina
    If you include pictures of real estate be sure you have a release from the owner. It is ilegal to advertise someones home for with out a listing agreement.

9. Allison Workman

Allison Workman New Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    Delaware
    We do up a folder with a resume, fee schedule, coverage area, and a copy of our E & O insurance and license (since the banks always need a copy of those anyway)

10. TEL2002

TEL2002 Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Louisiana
    Allison, I would be careful about handing out copies of your E&O/License, until a business relationship has been established. There are unscrupulus folks out there that can make profitable use of your license & E&O.

I have seen some websites where appraisers have posted copies of these documents for the whole world to see. My insurance folks said do not provide the info that you have coverage...unless absolutely necessary. If the client needs it, fine, but make them ask for it first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.