AI 15 Hour USPAP Class

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by firstchoiceappraisal, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firstchoiceappraisal

firstchoiceappraisal Junior Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Appraisal Management Company
    State:
    Oregon
    I'm registering for an USPAP class. Nevada requires 15 hour, California 7 hour for non-appraisers. I decided to just take the 15 hour and hope that works.

AI has one in March. Has anyone taken a class from this instructor? Would you recommend the class for the cost since it is an AI class?

03/15/2010 - 03/16/2010
    Click here for location details
    Sponsor: Greater Oregon
    Instructor: Fisher, Charles H., SRA

2. Margaret Treat

Margaret Treat Sophomore Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Hi FirstChoice,

Last time I renewed my license I needed the 7 hour USPAP update. My husband was out of town at the time, for a few months, and I didn't plan ahead so I took the McKissock online class (so someone was still around to make the mac and cheese for the kids.) It was a prerecorded online thing and Chuck Fisher was the instructor. I thought he did a great job.

I have also called to ACLB to ask advice and he was very helpful and knowledgeable.

My last AI class was terrible so I don't say they are all great but I thought he did a good job. :beer: Margaret

3. firstchoiceappraisal

Feb 11, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
  4. Tom Barclay

Tom Barclay Senior Member

Apr 7, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    I think you will find Chuck to be an extremely competent instructor. I have taken several different classes from him over the years, was never disappointed.

5. firstchoiceappraisal

Feb 11, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    Thank you Tom & Margaret. I've decided to take the 15 hour class in March. I clarified that I don't need it for Nevada because I don't review. However, I like traditional classroom settings and I think I'd benefit from the 15 hour class. Besides, if the market goes back to pre-May 1st I may actually become an appraiser...or I'm going to get completely away from this industry.

6. firstchoiceappraisal

Feb 11, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    Ok, so I'm registered for my USPAP class with Chuck on the 15th. I'm taking it with another appraiser in our office so I should be ok. I like classroom instruction over online, so I'm pretty excited. I'm such a nerd like that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.