Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Otis Key, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New Mexico
    Every year we have the largest gathering of hot air balloons here from all over the world. Some of the local media run streaming video on the websites. Starts 6am local (MDT). Enjoy

KOB TV

KOAT TV

And then there is the Official Web Site for information and posters, etc.

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

The state population more than doubles, all of it right here. You can imagine what it's like attempting to get around town to do appraisal work. Idiots from all over the world are now mixed in with the local idiots.

:cry: :fencing:

2. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
    There’s a similar event in Macon, GA during the Cherry Blossom Festival. Really neat to see all the balloons lift off.... and the chase crews running all over themselves to peruse. It's almost more fun to watch the scramble. :D

3. Dee Dee

Dee Dee Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    Otis,
    Some of my friends had a balloon, and I used to live right across the highway from one of the more popular launch areas in Colorado. We crewed for them and some other friends almost every weekend for many years. I miss it!

4. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    I used to crew all the time but now, unless you know one of the pilots at this thing then you sign up at a central clearing point so they can assign any excess volunteers so that everyone has a crew. Usually there are more volunteers than they can use - it is fun.

5. Jerry Still

Jerry Still Senior Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Yep,

Owned a ReMax office in another life. Crewed and flew many times in MI. Seems like such a long...long time ago.

Funny how we both got what we wanted, such a long time ago. She wanted to be an actress and I wanted to be a pilot.

Now shes acting like shes happy in her big fine home. And me? I'm flying in my taxi, taking tips and flying so high...when I'm stoned.

Or, something like Harry sang.

JS

6. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    Here's another link in case some of those didn't work - sorry DB

Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta

:usa:

Opps - saw I had already put that one in - sorry

BTW - Don't forget Daylight Savings Ends on the 24th. Start getting ready to "fall back" or in real terms - GET UP EARLIER. :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.