Amc Tip

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Bobby Bucks, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Bucks

Bobby Bucks Elite Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Real Estate Agent or Broker
    State:
    North Dakota
    It's a holiday week and the AMCs are oh so predictable. The ones who haven't sent you an order in 5 years suddenly call wanting a fee and TAT. Folks this is a good time to dig in and go for the jugular. Supply/demand cuts both ways. Their pet appraiser is either too busy or pretending to be because it's a holiday. I accepted 2 Friday and one today from companies I don't especially like and their AMC monkeys were not too thrilled about having to get the fee "approved". Now I've never been one to tell anyone how to run their shop in their neighborhood, but I can assure you that the Bucks' AMC self-defense tactics work well anywhere. If they call and ask if you if you can accept it, that's AMC speak for "our fee is negotiable" Happy Holidays and higher fees to all. Uncle Joe are you reading this? :lol:

2. Karl

Karl Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    When dealing with a AMC U MUST put down the Fee that You will do the work for, Send it back to them & have them resend it with your stated fee, we also put WHAT the Inspection fee will be in the event that the home owner is not there at the scheduled time. We NOW also put what the charge is in the EVENT the assignment is canceled within 24 hrs of the inspection time. (all of these are on the FEE Sheet that we REQUIRE them to sign PRIOR to accepting the assignment) YES they will pay the fee that U charge AS LONG as it was agreed upon PRIOR to U doing the assignment. THEY WILL NOT pay any fees that were NOT stated prior to the assignment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.