AMG / USPAP Help.

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by heystorm, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heystorm

heystorm New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Tennessee
    I am in the midst of starting a local AMG to meet new HVCC regulations. Any thoughts on any USPAP violations from a certified appraiser doing this. Also, any thoughts on USPAP violations for being a member in the appraisal pool myself.

Thanks for any feedback

hometowntn@gmail.com

2. PropertyEconomics

PropertyEconomics Elite Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New Mexico

Yeah I have some thoughts.

3. leelansford

leelansford Elite Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois

What's an "AMG"?

If you mean "AMC"...good luck with that idea. After all, in that case, we're all an "AMC".

4. heystorm

heystorm New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    due to your brief answer... I aassyme that you think what I think about AMG's. I met with ones last week that wanted to keep 40% of my fees. My thoughts are to pool some appraisers, start an AMG that can then provide the service to lenders, and then pass on a minimal cost to the borrower. I don't want to become the problem... I only want to find a solution for me and my fellow appraiser to try to hold on to our earnings. That being said.... I need legitimate answers to potential USPAP violations.

5. heystorm

heystorm New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    sorry... Referring to 'appraisal management group'. I agree with you thought that we should be able to function Independantly as we are. However, none of my lenders feel this way, and all are requesting that I be a part of one by may 1st. I'm trying to find a reasonable solution to have a say in the matter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.