1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

any issues with ACI and Vista 64

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by mnhyrkas, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnhyrkas

mnhyrkas New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Minnesota
    Are all the bugs worked out?
    Getting back into the business again- getting new laptop, and also new ACI software
    I read some older threads and saw that there were some issues

What do I need to be aware of?

2. Ken Youngkrantz

Ken Youngkrantz Junior Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    You need to call ACI and discuss the situation with them.

3. Kevin Mc

Kevin Mc Elite Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    You will be on hold with ACI for an hour.

4. Edward OConor

Edward OConor Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    If you can downgrade to XP do it. Your life will be far easier.

5. mnhyrkas

mnhyrkas New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Minnesota
    I did contact ACI at the time I wrote the request here. Getting sales is easy enough from the online chat on the website, but I got the answer I was expecting from a salesperson. That all issues are fine with ACI software. After a little pressing I did get him to say that there had been issues in the past but they had all been resolved. He mentioned that some people are having issues with VISTA and old hardware (like printers), but no issues with ACI software.
    Care to comment?

Edward, can you be more specific?

6. Edward OConor

Edward OConor Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    Vista is a new operating system (with new code), unlike XP which was based on 98.

Keep in mind that the big guys (dell etc.) were offering downgrades to XP due to the demand for it.

There were problems with printing to PDF from within ACI. This can be worked around by installing free print to PDF converters. Older printers, scanners may not work with Vista. You need to check with manufacturer to see if they support vista. Also, any software that you cannot live without (backup etc.)

Windows has extended it's support until date for XP. I don't know what is is now. I believe it's because corporate America didn't jump to vista like they did to XP.

Windows is currently beta testing what is called Windows 7. I have heard that this is better than vista, but time will tell.

The safe thing (IMHO) is to stick with XP for now.

I believe that no good software ends in VERSION.0

I think that Vista will go the way ME and 2000 went.

Good Luck!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.