1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anyone know an easy way to find yr built?

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by Geoff Hatcher, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geoff Hatcher

Geoff Hatcher Junior Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    Does anyone know a way to list or find year built without having to open up the complete file? Submitting my log for my final SRA hours and dummy me have not noted age of property in my logbook. Under the appraisal desktop, year built is not a column option. The only way I can find it is to open each report and it is getting very time consuming.

2. Workbox

Workbox Elite Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    OK, I can not take it any more...........That is not an option on the column option. But I can see your dilemma. I have a similar issue with another vendor, but they are updating some of my request of similar daily appraisal practices. Just call Alamode to see if it is something they can just update or have it on their agenda. It does not sound irrational.

3. Richard Carlsen

Richard Carlsen Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    Logging the year built must be a state-specific requirement because we do not need that in Michigan. In fact, I called the state and asked them if I could configure my a la mode printout to sort of match the state requirement for the log since I would be submitting about 2000 reports. They said certainly. No problem. Just note on the front what the printout is showing. Very cooperative.

You might want to see if you can do the same thing. You can modify the columns to proximate that of the log. Might be able to save a lot of time.

4. Geoff Hatcher

Geoff Hatcher Junior Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    This is not a state requirement, but the Appraisal Institute requires it for its experience log

5. Scott Kibler

Scott Kibler Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    It would be awesome if there were some sort of database reporting tool ala Crystal Reports that we could use to extract whatever data field we desire and place into any report format we desire.

OK, I suppose with Crystal we could actually build new appraisal form reports thus doing away with the need for annual subscriptions.

Still, such a program screams for the need of better query/reporting tools than it has.

6. TEL2002

TEL2002 Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Louisiana
    How many reports are you talking about? A few or a ton or reports.

I think Al's got good advice, call alamode and ask. They just might be able to help out.

7. Michael Chu

Michael Chu Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Georgia
    There is a way but...

I assume you are searching for the subjects 'year built'
    Don't remember about Athena, but in Aurora, once you open a report and go to the COMPS view, comps database, there is a way you customize the data that display for the comps&subject. The field is labeled "Age Year Built"
    Once you add it to the view list, all you need to do is edit the column layout and sort your list by the year built by clicking on the column header.

TADA!

8. Rudy Canoza

Rudy Canoza Senior Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    You can find the year built by lifting the lid on the toilet tank...

/No. Wait. Nevermind...

9. Robin McAfee

Robin McAfee New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Utah
    From Wintotal, you can click on the tab on the bottom that says Order. Scroll down and you will see year built, parcel #, room count, etc.

10. Michael Chu

Michael Chu Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Georgia
    Keep scrollin'?

Too bad it is only available if you turn on the 'extended info' whatever CB.
    Once the report is signed, you can't turn this on.
    Even if the extended info is there, every time you click on a new line, you got to scroll down again to see year built.

I'd rather lift the toilet tank cover. :rof:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.