1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Anyone Want More Work?

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Doug in NC, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug in NC

Doug in NC Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    North Carolina
    I have done this before with other appraisers who are outside of my geographical area, and because I have had some good success as a result, I am offering quality client info to those who are willing to do the same. Who knows which clients are best better than another appraiser right?

I am primarily interested in REO/foreclosure work and other alternatives to typical mortgage lender work (I hope to distance my company from it as I foresee no promising future for that appraisal sector of the business), but might consider other quality clients that you respect enough to personally recommend. A client who sends volume of 10 or more assignments a month would be great, but one that sends one a week consistently would be OK too. In return, I am willing to offer you contact and basic information on a few of my better clients. Please don't respond if you have nothing to offer, this is an opportunity for mutual benefit.

*It is likely that you won't be able to offer any good quality AMCs who pay near full fees AND who aren't a major hassle to deal with (ie. quick turn times, constant monitoring, difficult underwriting conditions, etc.), so we can go ahead and mark 99% of AMCs off the list of potential clients.

PS: Email me as opposed to PMing me. PM box tends to fill up too quickly. Lastly, I would add that I AM interested in getting new review and relocation work.

2. Doug in NC

Doug in NC Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    In recognition of the "give and ye shall receive Biblical concept", here is a link to some potential business for you. Warning, consult the Deadbeat list and "Good, Bad & Ugly" list before you call each company. A number of these companies are amcs and some are deadbeats, but there are some reputable REO organizations on the list (other companies order lender appraisals as well). A good resource. Cheers!

http://www.sme-online.com/sme/ar-propval2003.pdf

3. Miguel Garate

Miguel Garate Sophomore Member

May 16, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Doug

Thanks for the scoop.

4. Pat Butler

Pat Butler Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    Already listed in their directory under Appraisal Services, Inc. I've written a few articles for them too-- had to do with field servicing management. Can't say I've ever gotten an order from that exposure though.

5. Doug in NC

Doug in NC Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    "Give and ye shall receive" worked! I went from 5-6 assignments in the first 3 weeks of this month to 12 in the past week. It works. Anyone else care to share?

6. Ryan Nyberg

Ryan Nyberg Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
    State:
    Washington
    doug did you sign up with the REO work or just all of them?

7. Doug in NC

Doug in NC Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Ryan,

I signed up primarily with REOs. Amcs really don't interest me. Some of the companies do not hire appraisers - check each for "vendor type". Judging from some "Good, bad, ugly clients" AF comments, you won't want to work with all of these companies. I researched the Good, Bad & Ugly (of course, some appraisers have offered pros & cons so you will have to decide for yourself) before I went to the trouble of filling out any paperwork, I recommend you do the same.

8. phil cadorette

phil cadorette New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Doug,

Thanks for sharing. I will keep you on the list for NC referrals from good clients. How about those Pfeiffer Falcons?? Ever hear of them.

:beer:

9. Doug in NC

Doug in NC Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    No, I have heard of Pfeiffer though. Isn't Pfeiffer a college?

10. Jodi Nutt

Jodi Nutt New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Is REO work different? Certainly haven't done any yet, and don't know anything about it. Can you give me a pointer or two. Thanks.

Jodi Nutt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.