1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Apex Sued

Discussion in 'Apex' started by josephdifranco, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josephdifranco

josephdifranco Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    I have copied and pasted the following text which was emailed to me today by Apex. I'm curious if anyone knows the details of why Apex was sued. I know Randall and Dave are on the board, but I'm not sure if they will be willing to comment further.

Dear Valued Customers,

Over the last 20 years, Apex has built our business by developing software and partnering with other software companies to include Apex products with their solutions. Over this time, we have developed mutually beneficial relationships with approximately 100 different software companies. One of these relationships, in particular the one with a la mode, went awry and they sued Apex in June 2008.

The lawsuit came as a surprise to everyone here at Apex. It took us a while to get our heads around this, but in the end we are not in the business of litigation so we negotiated to settle out of court. No one wants a relationship to break down, especially to the point where lawyers get involved. As a company, we decided to do what was necessary to put this entire thing behind us so we can all get back to more productive matters.

We wish a la mode the best in their future endeavors and would like to take this opportunity to applaud Dave for his efforts on behalf of the appraiser community. We also want to thank all of our customers and partners for their continued support over the past 20 plus years. Apex is looking forward to growing from this experience and continuing to work with our partners to develop professional solutions for our customers.

Respectfully,

Randall Garrett, President
    Apex Software

2. Julio E. Sune Jr. (FL)

Julio E. Sune Jr. (FL) Senior Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Hmmmmmm?????????

I wonder why the sudden silence from everywhere??????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

3. RSW

RSW Elite Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    Probably because part of the settlement was that they could not discuss the details of the lawsuit.

4. EDWARD BERRY

EDWARD BERRY Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arkansas
    You Stir It--it Then Stinks.

5. josephdifranco

josephdifranco Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    I thought some appraisers would know the details...

6. Smokey Bear

Smokey Bear Elite Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Looks like a smear to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.