Appraisal.com

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Dave Walkonis, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Walkonis

Dave Walkonis New Member

May 27, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Missouri
    I am listed with AppraiserUsa.com and have received several orders from that listing. :cool: I know its a good website. I've heard everyone say not to pay for any others and I have no intention of doing so.

<_< Appraisal.com keeps sending me emails to upgrade from my free listing. I sent the following email back to them:

:wacko:

Not losing any :asleep: over it. I'm just curious and would like to know if anyone with a free listing has ever received an order (how many) from Appraisal.com.

2. Dave Walkonis

Dave Walkonis New Member

May 27, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Missouri
    Just got this reply as I was posting:

:eyecrazy: Silly me, I thought they were soliciting customers not just someone to front-load their investment portfolio.

3. David Wimpelberg

David Wimpelberg Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 30, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    I have a gold membership at Appraisal.com. I signed up approximately three months ago and have NEVER received an order. I find it kind of odd since not only do I live in a large market area, but live in the same state the Appraisal.com is based. If 90% of the orders are going to gold members, they simply don’t have the work to go around.

My opinion: Don’t waste your money.

Feel free to mention my name and refer to this post in any future correspondence with them.

David L. Wimpelberg
    Peconic County Appraisal Service Inc.

:banana:

4. Debra

Debra Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    Hello!

They called me yesterday. I've got the free membership with only one order two years ago. I probably hadn't gotton more since then because I hadn't updated my E & O Insurance on the website (it just renewed the first of this year). He said another appraiser in my area had gotton 62 orders since then??? Anyways, I told him pretty much the same thing that you wrote to him and added that I didn't have $300+ to throw away right now!!! ;)

5. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    free service is worth every penny you pay for it

6. Keith

Keith Sophomore Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    I received about one order per year from them. I'm not sure I understand this correctly. They want you to PAY for orders upfront? If I remember correctly they simply took $40 some dollars from my fee.

Anyway the last one I did for them they cancelled after I inspected the property and I never got a dime. It was over 60 miles round-trip. My best advice is to get YOUR money upfront from these low-life vultures.

7. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Indiana
    sound like a wireless phone company, service stinks so bad they need a contract to keep you paying

8. Katie Lang

Katie Lang New Member

Dec 10, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    I have received several orders through a free listing with AppraiserMatch.com. No problems :) . Great deal.

9. Doug in NC

Doug in NC Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Unfortunately, some pay services are worth the same thing!

10. bryanknowlton

bryanknowlton Junior Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I get about 1 order every 2 or 3 months from appraisal.com and have the fastest turn around time in my market area. I was hoping for much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.