1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal convention in San Diego, ACI news/rumor.

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by CSP 49, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSP 49

CSP 49 Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I got third or fourth hand info that there was some sort of appraisal convention in San Diego.

I was told ACI was set up at this convention and they are working on a platform where appraisers would log onto their web site and type reports online. With so many smaller software compaines bought and/or gone and appraisal ordering in a relatively few AMC's hands is this the next negative item to try and be imposed upon appraisers.

Any further info on this? My source is reliable but short on details and the info had passed through multiple people before reaching me.

I realize all of the issues and problems in trying to implement this I'm just wondering if the rumor is true.

2. MDAPPR

MDAPPR Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I can believe it, because insurance inspection management companies are already using online reporting systems.

3. Restrain

Restrain Elite Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    It's an option that's coming. I've seen this on BPOs as well

4. Tom Woolford

Tom Woolford Elite Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    That would be a major productivity killer. I don't wan't any part of it.

5. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Elite Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
  6. MKBURNETT

MKBURNETT Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    First time I heard of it was 1989. I am sure the lenders want this to change the information. I have seen them in bpo also. It will make data mining so much easier. We will soon be given a list of the comparables, we will go take the photos, do the sketch , the ywill want to give all the boiler plate and will make $75.00 as photographers and appraising will be gone. The last part was the rest of the rumor in 1989....... are we there yet?

7. VinceNJSRA

VinceNJSRA New Member

May 4, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Jersey
    I have not heard anything about this "yet", but I do believe that this is something that will be coming soon. My take is a little different though, I believe that either one or maybe a group of AMC's will get together and either buy a company such as ACI, or develop appraisal software programs in-house that will be strictly on-line programs, and in order to recieve work from these AMC's, this software must be used. I wouldn't even rule out the thought of them charging the appraiser a monthly "access" fee to use their system. My guess is that they will try to buy ACI first, or work out a deal with them where they would help with the development costs, have exclusive rights to the software, and ACI would have the exclusive licensing rights. If that happens, or should I say, when that happens, Alamode will be in a tough spot. They will be forced to spend the money to develop their own version, market it to other AMC's, and in the process they would be creating a product that is in direct competition with their other software. If I deal with 3 AMC's and all three have their own in-house software, there's no reason for me to buy from Alamode anymore.

8. Ted Martin

Ted Martin Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Kansas
    I don't have INTERNET at home, how's that for a productivity killer.

9. Lloyd Bonafide

Lloyd Bonafide Senior Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Exactly - we don't need anything like this, because every lender could have a different software, like they use on BPOs.

10. TC

TC Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    I remember this being discussed at an appraisal seminar back in '94.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.