1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraisal Institute Classes

Discussion in 'Appraisal Education' started by Will43, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will43

Will43 Senior Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    I was thinking about taking the class on the newly released URAR form by the Appraisal Institute. I was wondering if you have to be a member?

2. spettifer

spettifer Sophomore Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Will, AI classes are open to all that are interested.

Scott

3. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Texas
    There are two separate fees. One for members. One for non-members.

4. Will43

Will43 Senior Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    The fee they have listed is $150. I am guessing that is for members.

Has anyone taken the class?

I will give them a call on Monday. I need to get started on my CE hours.

5. Rich Heyn

Rich Heyn Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Tim says:
    Not always. True, many of the local chapters will give their members a lower rate since the local members fund the chapter with their dues money and also volunteer their time to serve as officers and on committees. Some chapters and all nationally sponsored offerings (25 in May) charge a flat fee of $139, members and non-members alike.

Will, you asked:
    Hardly, I'm still working on it. Just got the final forms the other day. Had to develop the seminar to the test forms and now I'm modifying it to take in the changes. I think Chuck Cather will be doing most of the Ohio venues. I'll be doing one up by Ann Arbor in June if you want to drive that far.

6. Will43

Will43 Senior Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    Rich,

The fee is $200. I am not sure if this is for members or nonmembers.

Do you think this class will be worth it?

I think you mentioned that you attended a Fannie Mae seminar. Are all the instructors attending this class?

7. Don Clark

Don Clark Elite Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Virginia
    B) Others are also doing the courses, nationwide. NAIFA and, the group I will be teaching for, FutureValue. I would check around re fees and select the one closest to me, and with the best fee, and no, I am not a principle in either NAIFA or FutureValue, just a working stiff appraiser who has been teaching real estate and appraisal courses since 1984 at all levels. It will sort of be like the pre course for FHA beginning in 1999. Educators will be coming out of the woodwork teaching the new forms. Personally I am attending a cinference and an all day presentation by Fannie Mae in preperation to teaching the course.

8. Will43

Will43 Senior Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    Don, does your school teach in Ohio?

9. Rich Heyn

Rich Heyn Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Will,

You said:

If you are looking for something for less, AI National is sponsoring one in Cincinatti on May 5th at $139

Yes, I do.

What I mentioned is that I was in several meetings with Fannie Mae as the new forms evolved. It gave me some really good insight into the new form. As far as other instructors, I'll be having a training session for the lead group of instructors before they go out and teach it. All of the lead instructors were involved in reviewing my seminar as it was being developed.

10. Don Clark

Don Clark Elite Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Virginia
    B) Will,

Yes, the group I will be teaching for will do courses in Ohio. As soon as I have the dates I will post them. I will make sure that there are courses in Ohio and I may be doing them. As far as I know the only instructor training, outside of what Rich is doing for the AI, is a 1 day invitation only instructor training session in New Orleans on May 25, 2005 taught by Fannie Mae. Also, as soon as I know the fee for the course I will post it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.