1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraise This!

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Pamela Crowley (Florida), Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
  2. Jerry Still

Jerry Still Senior Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I want one of those. I wonder how many appraisals it costs?

JS

3. Daniel Williams

Daniel Williams Senior Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    Illinois
    Its A Monolithic Dome....

My Brother and I are doing a construction apprasal and Draw inspections on one (smaller single family) being built just north of springfield Illlnois....bizzar....I like it...he dosn't even come close to "liking it"....

We are using ANYTHING else bizzar we can find....earth berms....a frames....geodomes.

B)

dsw in BFE

edited for spelling :rolleyes:

4. Richard Carlsen

Richard Carlsen Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    Judy's folks are waiting to hear of the condition of their 12th floor condo in Phoenix East in Orange Beach (8 miles east of Gulf Shores, Alabama). They sold their 3rd floor condo and bought this 12th floor unit just before leaving for Michigan in the spring.

Word is that everything down there suffered damage.

5. Steve Wyrick

Steve Wyrick Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Good story and good home design.

Flood insurance is required throughout the US in flood prone areas. Why isn't hurricane insurance required in those areas prone to damage, it seems to me like Mr. Sigler has found a design that could be hurricane proof and thus would not have to pay for coverage. While others would. As it stands now the taxpayer will foot the bill in total to rebuild the damaged areas, at least with a insurance program some cost would be borne by those who choose to live in the those areas.

6. jay trotta

jay trotta Elite Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Connecticut
    Steve; maybe I'm not understanding corretly, but how does the "taxpayer" become responsible for someone's private home :question:

homeowners insurance is "per occurance"; Flood Insurance is for Flooding; you need to Read the "Perils" coverage portion of your policy.

I'm still baffled by how the "taxpayer" is responsible for private homes :huh:

:ph34r:

7. Non Sequitur

Non Sequitur Elite Member
    Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Louisiana
    They aren't. If you don't have flood and/or hazard insurance, you'll maybe get a small grant from FEMA. Other than that you're SOL.

Oh and Steve, flood insurance isn't "required" and there ain't such a thing as "hurricane" insurance. Now if you're in a flood zone, your lender may require a policy, and that same lender more than likely will also require a plain old hazard policy.

8. Karl

Karl Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Those of us NOT directly affected by the Hurricans ARE paying for the Damage thru higher homeowner premiums Government is PAYING a Great deal of the Cost & Government gets money from WHERE???? _______________ EVERYTHING U buy has a COUPLE penies added to it to cover the added Insurance & Tax Premiums needed by WHATEVER commonity served.

Taslk to the LEGAL builders ask how much there Insurance premiums went up this year??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.