1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraiser Directories

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Candas Wall, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candas Wall

Candas Wall New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    I have subscribed to several websites in the last 2 years, some of which worked and some that didn't. So I was wondering which ones the rest of you have signed up on and which ones work. Not the freebee's just the ones that you pay for.

2. unloadit

unloadit Sophomore Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Which ones worked for you?

3. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    There is only 1 that I will pay to have a top lising with:

http://www.appraiserusa.com

None of the others will ever get a dime out of me and many are just scams.

4. Jerry Still

Jerry Still Senior Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Double Dog Down Ditto, to what Pam said.

JS B)

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
  6. Steve Gott

Steve Gott Junior Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Nevada
    I only list my company on the free directories.

7. matt_johnson

matt_johnson Junior Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Oklahoma
    Steve,

When an appraiser posts a link to their website, I always click on them. I like to see what type of information they have listed. I noticed on your website that you have "Ads by Google". The ad that was displayed when I visited was for HouseValues.com. It said something like, "Find out your Home's Value for Free!".

If I still had my appraisal business, I'm not sure that I'd want that on my website B)

8. Ross (CO)

Ross (CO) Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    Candas, ......Which ones worked for you ? Which ones have not yet been rewarding ?

About 6 months ago I received a phone call from a promoter of one "service" which has been discussed many times before in the Forum. I directly asked this guy if he would share the name of another "satisfied customer" in my market who has been pleased with the "enhanced business volume" that their service has afforded that appraiser. He was reluctant to share any name with me at that moment I asked if instead he might share a name for an appraiser working with their "system" from the Denver area, a market I do not cover, and therefore NOT being in direct competition with that person. He had no name he could freely share from Denver either. How about your website ? Can I look up avialable names there ? No, their website was temporarily "down" right now. Oh, o.k.

I then asked if he might, at least, share with me the name of ANY OTHER appraiser in the entire state of CO who might be working with their enhanced appraisal order acquisition system (because they have so many clients with abundant orders to dispatch and these clients can not find anybody to accept them in my market).....and he said that those appraiser names were in his database in another room in their office and that he would call me a little later to give me a reference name.

He never called back.

9. Candas Wall

Candas Wall New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    The only 2 that I have been happy with is Appraisers.com and Appraiserusa.com. I've had many phone calls that were as you described and even paid for 2 extra's one year because the above 2 had been good. But nothing came out of it. I wondered if I just got burned and wanted to be sure if there were any other good ones that I was not aware of. Guess not! Thanks to all that answered

10. Candas Wall

Candas Wall New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Has anyone used E-Appraiser.net?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.