1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Appraiser's Forum Cookbook

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Dan Leggett, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Leggett

Dan Leggett Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Mississippi
    On more than one occassion I've noticed Patti and some of the other regulars have posted out of this world recipes. I've got a few originals that I break out for my 'upper crust' friends. I think I've seen Mike and some of the other guys post lip smacking fish recipes.

Would there be any interest is creating an Appraiser's Forum Cookbook? Assemble it in PDF, pay at the door and download. Wayne could pocket the proceeds or donate to a reputable charity.

2. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arkansas
    Carp Barbeque

Take one carp about 3 #, skin and debone, gut and clean insides. You can leave the head on.
    Rub parsley flakes inside, then lemon pepper and salt lightly for a dry rub. Use your favorite BBQ sauce to slather on both sides of the carp and inside. Use a 1" hickory or ash board to lay the carp on. cover the board with melted butter or olive oil to prevent sticking. cover both board and carp with aluminum foil. Place board and carp in oven for 45 min. at 375 degrees.
    When done, remove carp and throw away. Saw board into 1" squares and serve with butter and cooked turnips.

My daddy always said turnips were better than nothing and he had tried both during the depression.

3. Anthem

Anthem Senior Member

Mar 10, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    North Carolina
    Anyone want my no carb cinnamon twisties recipe?

It's made with pork rinds.....still want it?

4. Patti Jury

Patti Jury Senior Member

Mar 23, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    That is a great idea...

I love it...

Heck..regarding my pork recipe...I got a whole freezer full of it...and I

Have to come up with new things to do with pork chops, pork roasts, ham...etc..

That pork recipe is pretty darn good though...Makes a great addition to Thanksgiving!

Can't beat the Turkey though...

The sad part is I love to cook..but really only do it for family occassions...

Branding, camping, day after X-mas breakfast...

Cooking is fun!

5. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Great marinade for meats, especially wild game:

Olive oil
    Soy Sauce
    Garlic
    Pepper

Put the meat and marinade into a zip lock bag - up to 24 hrs in advance for stronger wild game meats. It tenderizes and the flavor is wonderful. Don't over do it with the soy sauce or it will be salty.

6. Joker

Joker Elite Member

May 28, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Ohio
    Sweet wine makes a good marinade base, too. I always use beer on the burgers.

7. Paul Ness MAI

Paul Ness MAI Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Great idea. I won my township's salsa taste-off two years running. Also have killer pork rub, mop and bbq sauce recipes and the infamous "Chili de Pablo". We need a better system of posting recipes other than in a long thread, or maybe a separate forum making each post a single recipe??

8. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New Mexico
    I'm in agreement with Paul - Since Dan brought it and has nothing better to do maybe he should be the one to accept all these from us and compile it and go from there. :rofl: :rofl:

Hot Sauce for 24 hours on any chicken or a tuff steak makes a great marinade - the flavor goes all the way through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.