April newsletter is up

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by Brian Weaver, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Weaver

Brian Weaver Senior Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
    State:
    Illinois
  2. form1025

form1025 Junior Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    Enlightening as always,thank you for this benefit.

3. Don Fiore

Don Fiore Junior Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    Brian,

We truly appreciate the newsletter and the guidance it provides. Just out of curiosity, though, and if this was explained earlier & I missed it, I apologize, but we are notified when each isssue is released by an ICAP email and your message on this forum. What happens with IL appraisers who are not ICAP members or participants on this forum? I would certainly hope that this is not the case, but is it possible that there are appraisers in this State who are unaware that this valuable resource exists?

4. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Elite Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    Discussion item: Newsletter Pg 5 JP Morgan-Chase "educational sanctions"

I suggest the real issue is why, or any Federal or State Licensed Lenders, are permitted to voluntarily to retain incompetent duhpraisers. Game-changer perhaps, unless not enforced, Dodd-Frank now requires mandatory referral to State Boards.

5. leelansford

leelansford Elite Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois

Don, I am obviously not Brian, but, since you offered a slow softball, I'll take a swing at it:

Yep. You can bank on it.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there are some appraisers in IL, and across the USofA, who are waking up today and saying "Huh? You mean to tell me that it's already 2011?"

Ignorance has a price, 'doncha' think?

-Lee

6. stefan olafson

stefan olafson Senior Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    North Dakota
    Once Again an OUTSTANDING Newsletter, just wish I was working in Illinois!

7. Don Fiore

Don Fiore Junior Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    Lee,

I don't disagree with you because I have nothing to support otherwise, and, of course, I always respect and trust the accuracy of your statements. But I just find that astonishing. Wasn't there some discussion a while back about requiring appraisers to join at least one professional organization just so they can keep a finger on changes in the industry?

8. leelansford

leelansford Elite Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois

Don, I don't know how many of those appraisers keep abreast of what's happening in the industry that directly affects them, but I don't know how they might be forced to stay current.

As I said, ignorance has a price (both to the individual and the broader effects resounding throughout the profession).

Lee

9. William K

William K Senior Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    Just by the number of appraisals I have read over this past year alone where the appraisers have commented on
    "the Departure Provision of USPAP".
    I would say there are many who have no clue.

10. Brian Weaver

Brian Weaver Senior Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
    State:
    Illinois
    Sadly, while this is an important resource for Illinois appraisers...and I always ask who has seen it...many have not seen it and do not venture to the state website. We have no budget to mail this out...and e-mail addresses get changed more than your socks...so Illinois appraisers need to come and read it. We try to share whatever is new with the profession and sadly, the profession is in for even more upheaval when the UAD hits everyone in September. I'll be leaving for the AARO meetings in San Antonio on Thursday. I'll return with even more news about Dodd-Frank, AMCs, UADs and all of the other hot-button issues that appraisers will be facing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.