Arkansas Appraisers input need.

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by Sean Sutton, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Sutton

Sean Sutton Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Missouri
    Didn't Ark. just pass ACT 628 regulating AMC's? Did it go into affect immediately? If so, was it the golden ticket? It sounds like a pretty good piece of legislation....from what I see.

I convinced my State rep to introduce something similar in Missouri but after reading the bill, I think Arkansas' legislation is quite a bit clearer on certain areas and has a lil' bigger bite than what is being proposed in our bill. Just curious what everyone thinks about the Ark. legislation.

2. Charles Witt

Charles Witt Senior Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Delaware
    Do you have a link to the Arkansas bill? Delaware sure needs to get hopping!

3. Sean Sutton

Sean Sutton Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Missouri
    I goofed...I was reading the North Carolina Legislation that has not passed yet. Arkansas has one also that has supposedly passed, but I haven't read it yet. NC's is real tough.

4. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    ark passed and went into effect Jan. 1. We have only 20 or so companies register and if you work for them without having their license number on your report, you can lose YOUR license. I suspect most orders filled yet are NOT legally ordered.
    http://www.arkansas.gov/alcb/info_amc.html

5. conwayblue

conwayblue Sophomore Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arkansas
    There are 45 companies shown as having registered on the website.

I am unaware of any requirement to record the amc's registration number on the report? Have a link?

6. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    I was thinking that there was a requirement to do that and the letter we got from the state recently basically said that there were 29 or so AMCs that had to register and they have to register with the Secy of State to do business here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.