1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Attaching Pdf To Report

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by KYLECODY, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYLECODY

KYLECODY Senior Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Anyone know how to attach an 8 page pdf file directly to the report?? cant cut/paste and having trouble converting it to JPEG. Is there an easy way?? Thanks.

2. Howard Klahr

Howard Klahr Senior Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    To begin with, are you using the new Aurora version of the software or the previous version?

With either version you would just add/attach the pdf file to your report file through the "Workfile" option. I have attached the relevant pages from Wintotal's help section for this topic.

I hope that this information has been helpful

Attached Files:

3. mpkrodel

mpkrodel New Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oklahoma
    Kyle, Aurora's toolbar has an "Add" button that lets you insert a PDF into the WinTOTAL file - it'll show up in your table of contents and print with the rest of the report.

In Athena, if you want the PDF to be "inline" with the rest of the appraisal, you'll have to do it in Acrobat after creating the PDF for delivery. Assuming you have the full version of Acrobat, choose Document, then pages, then Insert. As mentioned previously, you'll want to add the PDF to your workfile, too, so you can have it with the rest of the file for future reference.

Matt Krodel
    Executive Vice President, Customer Service
    a la mode, inc.

4. VolcanoLvr

VolcanoLvr Senior Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Washington
    Matt knows his software much better than me......

But another way to do this is to print each PDF page, then scan those printed pages into separate pages in the report.

We do this by adding additional "Location Maps" or "Plat Maps", etc., scan to them, and then just re-name the page.

5. Couch Potato

Couch Potato Elite Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    There is no need to print and scan the PDF pages, the Snapshot tool (looks like a camera on the tool bar) alows you to capture a JPEG to the clipboard and paste it into an addendum page of the appropriate type.

6. VolcanoLvr

VolcanoLvr Senior Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Washington
    Greg...

Thanks for the tip...but are you speaking about the new Aurora version?

I don't find that camera icon on the Athena version we use.

Dave

7. Couch Potato

Couch Potato Elite Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    I was referring to opening an existing PDF in Acrobat Reader or full version. WinTOTAL (and all forms software) has pages were you can paste pages. In WinTOTAL I most often use a "Scanned Addendum" page for the task of placing a general page in the report.

8. Jerry Lieb

Jerry Lieb Junior Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    We use Adobe Acrobat. You can "distill" your report into PDF format, then open that report and go to the "Thumbnail" view. Then you can "insert" the PDF pages from your other sourse and rearrange them as needed into your first file; after which you save the entire combined file under a different name. We do it all the time. Works great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.