1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Auto acceptance software?

Discussion in 'Running an Appraisal Business' started by susandenbow, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susandenbow

susandenbow New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Utah
    We have several AMC clients who send out orders by email but virtually everytime we open the email the order is already "accepted". Is there any software/program that can automatically accept orders? We've looked into auto response software but they appear to be for clients sending out orders/marketing not for appraisers/customers accepting orders. The software would need to be able to idenify clients by name/email address.

2. Pittsburgh Pete

Pittsburgh Pete Elite Member

May 6, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Not sure this is the best place to ask that question--get ready for a beatdown!!!!!

3. JRS at OBX

JRS at OBX Elite Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    North Carolina
    It may not help. I somehow signed myself and my associate up for a broadcast AMC. They send me an order first, then send it to my associate 15 minutes later.

For the record, I've never accepted one of their jobs.

4. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    The problem is due to playing with AMCs. It's not healthy, for you or our country.

5. Lloyd Bonafide

Lloyd Bonafide Senior Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Don't waste your money. If there really is such a thing that would actually work, keep in mind that any AMC that broadcasts their orders is not somebody you would probably want to work for anyway.

6. Mejappz

Mejappz Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    I agree with Lloyd don't wate your money on this. These companies that broadcast orders are some of the biggest scumbags in the indusrty.

7. Bearslide

Bearslide Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have a problem with this whole concept. I don't even look at blast orders. I do not accept any order until I have checked the address against MLS/assessment to get an idea of what I am getting into and what fee would be appropriate.

Why would anyone even be interested in just accepting orders on any kind of property for the ridiculous fees that go along with these blast orders???? m2:

8. Caterina Platt

Caterina Platt Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico

Thank you!!! Ditto!!

C'mon. The two I can think of off the top of my head....

Semi Sleazy Client A: $175 for exterior only, with at least 3 closed and 3 active. Doesn't matter if it's a 1,000 Sf cookie cutter or 4,000 custom on the golf course. That's the fee. There is no meaningful communication possible with this client. Haji or Samji may never pick up that phone, and it's tomorrow + 3 hours where they live. Auto accept? Not on your life. I filter these very, very carefully and only when I'm flat out of work. The golf course home gets ignored until they have to specifically assign it and then I bargain up the fee or don't take the job.

Super Sleazy, just filed for BK, Former Client B: $125 exterior only, 48 hour turn time requirement. Again, not on your life. Not even manual accept. I still get the blast emails.

9. Michigan CG

Michigan CG Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 1, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    You have a Certified General License. Why are you dealing with these people and the garbage broadcast assignments? The demand for commercial work is increasing and will continue to increase in the future with the many resetting loans.

Most folks here would kill to have your license level. Working for AMCs is unfortunate, but working for AMCs where you have to compete for broadcast assignments is the lowest level of the appraisal world (IMHO).

I sort of, kind of can understand why some would take this kind of assignment (but do not condone or think it is wise) but I have no clue why a CG would ever accept this type of assignment.

Expand and market, the possibilities are endless for you license level in the next few years.

10. Bill S

Bill S Junior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    Well said, TE. Go Hawks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.