1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Auto Damage Appraiser?

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Buddy5, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddy5

Buddy5 Junior Member

May 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Massachusetts
    Came across this ad and I must say that I'm tempted to look into it. Full time employment, benefits, car allowance, still get to appraise . . . just not real estate. Looks like you'd need to get some sort of license but the MA Division of Professional Licensure does not license Vehicle Damage Appraisers, so it's probably some sort of private designation. Does anybody know anybody who has ever crossed over into this type of "appraising"? If so, how has it worked out regarding salary, flexibility, regulations, etc.?

http://jobview.monster.com/Field-Appraiser-Job-Boston-MA-US-83581145.aspx

2. DTB

DTB Elite Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois

Better know your stuff, like hidden damage etc. A friend from High School does this and you WILL receive pressure to low ball the damages and recommend (require) specific shops do the repairs... sound familiar?

3. JRS at OBX

JRS at OBX Elite Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    That license may be covered under the insurance department. That is insurance adjuster kind of stuff. I did that kind of work for a little over a year right out of college.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.