1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Banks And Appraisals

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Wayne Henry, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne Henry

Wayne Henry Junior Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Maryland
    I am wondering where certain banks go to order there appraisals. I know Wells Fargo uses Value It and LSI. Bank of American utilizes Valocity and Citibank uses Chesapeake. I am wondering where Washington Mutual, Wachovia and Beneficial goes to order appraisals. Maybe they do not use appraisal management companies (AMC's) If anyone happens to know please post, I would like to get on board with them. :D

2. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    WAMU orders through Appraisalport.

3. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Beneficial uses IREP (Integrated Real Estate Processing) and Wachovia uses Greenlink.

4. kim grant

kim grant Junior Member

Nov 21, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    WAMU moves their business around and uses LSI, GAC and AppraisalPort. They also pit one against each other on TAT :eek: as does Citi who uses LSI, AppraisalPort and Cheasapeake. All of the big banks move the business around but basically all of them use AMC's.

Good luck!

--Kim

5. Doug in NC

Doug in NC Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Frustrating isn't it? Either work under time pressure for low fees with an AMC, or you have to be in some broker's back pocket to get volume work anymore. I used to do work for several of the larger local banks in my area, now that they have gone to amcs I have lost interest in trying to get their business.

6. Em Tee

Em Tee Senior Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Appraisalport isn't an AMC . It's merely a way to communicate back and forth with the client. Appraisalport doesn't pick the appraiser or have any interaction other than as a means of transmission.

7. Desiree Mehbod

Desiree Mehbod Junior Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Virginia
  8. Jay D. Greener

Jay D. Greener New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    Bank One (retail) = JP Morgan Chase uses TransUnion. USBank uses TransUnion and I've seen a few from e-trade financial as well. LandSafe=Countrywide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.