1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Before C&R hits?

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by stangtime, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stangtime

stangtime Senior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Maryland
    So this week I get a flurry of orders. In my mind, as I'm sure in many appraisers' minds, I know what my fee schedule will be going to next week. I hope to have work next week, but if not, I'll find something to do. In any event, I get two calls today from property owners that I have just set up inspections with asking me directly what my fee is. Dear God I wanted to tell them my fee, but I have made an agreement with a few companies that I will not. I uphold my agreements. (My fees are not bad, but below C&R - I have kids to feed and a balance to find; life isn't fair, never has been and never will be)
    One of the property owners said, and I quote, "I'm not paying no $500.00 for an appraisal, I'll do $350.00 but not $500.00." So for a 1200 s.f. split on .75 acres he's being charged $500.00?

And again, I've had two calls today from upset property owners about what they are being charged for the "appraisal."

So are some management companies jacking up the fees now in preparation of next week?

I was going to hold off until next week before listing my fees but perhaps I will do that this evening.

Dan

2. JRS at OBX

JRS at OBX Elite Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Mr Homeowner, the appraisal fee you pay is different from the fee I get paid. I have signed an agreement with my client not to disclose my fee. This is something you need to take up with your lender.

3. stangtime

stangtime Senior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Maryland
    JRS - That is pretty much what I said.

This topic has bothered me for a long time, but today it was smacked in my face twice.

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.