1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Bella Vista Sewer

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by hambone, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hambone

hambone Sophomore Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    I finally have the opportunity to appraise a property in BV that sewer hook-up is required. It is a bank owned property and I am completing an REO report. I'm in the process of checking to see if the selected sales also required this hook-up.

I'm just looking for some reassurance in this area. Anyone else completed an appraisal with this situation? Since the sales prices are all over the place, it's really hard to get a reliable matched pairs result. I've found multiple sources that say the costs could range from $3,500 to $7,500, depending on the direction of the slope.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    Go to the ACC or whatever they call it now.. Architectural Control Committee, used to be the repository for all info regarding lot restrictions. They will make you a copy of the lot survey, which will include any such restriction and if and where a septic system lays. We haven't done one in 2 years there, but it may have changed with incorporation and city hall and all.

3. EDWARD BERRY

EDWARD BERRY Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    Email Me Or Call

B E R R Y @ I P A . N E T

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.