1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Benton Co. permits

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by Terrel L. Shields, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    A friend is building a house on his farm (40 acres). The permits for this rural home is over $1000 and they are demanding that he provide a Lic. number for the plumber and the electrician. They are going to do their own electrical work because he did that for years but isn't licensed anymore. Been a hassle.

Now they tell him that he will have to dig a hole, line it with plastic and when they pour the footings and sidewalks, they will have to wash out the concrete trucks into this pit...they claim it is the EPA making them do it [the debil made me do it]

I am really curious how and why would you need to fret over cement as a "toxic" substance and you would somehow improve the situation by putting a poly hydrocarbon in a hole and placing the cement there and covering it up..The cure seems worse than the disease.

2. EDWARD BERRY

EDWARD BERRY Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arkansas
    Totally Insane.
    I Saw One The Other Day In A Field Where They Had Done Poured A Trail Side Walk And Had Two Gallons Left And Had To Pour It In The Epa Hole.

Me Thinks They Could Be Described As A.. Holes.

3. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arkansas
    I really wonder what toxic material is in this? I know that they do use some fly ash as filler but again, what is contained in that but coal ash?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.