Best Client my company has is unhappy with me and I need you guys to help me badly.

Discussion in 'Urgent - Help Needed' started by AnonApprsr, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonApprsr

AnonApprsr Elite Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Massachusetts
    Does anyone have any tips for 50-100 dollar camera, preferably new or refurbished Shoot and Go style digital camera?

I use a DXG 5.0MP and it is sufficient. The camera needs to be/camera minimums are:
    • sturdy (droppable) - This item is not negotiable.
    • Less Than $100
    • 5 mega pixels (minimum)
    • 2-3x Zoom (minimum)
    • Purchasable (online preferred)
    That's it! In that order too! [​IMG]

The reason it's urgent and it's so imperative to my company's survival is the fact that the owner of the client outfit called me on Friday telling me that he "defended me" at that days end of week(?) meeting. "The girls" were complaining about my pictures and how some of them were blurry. I was answering that I will not include any more blurry photos and...(at that point he put me on speakerphone and called in "the girls" from the office)...I'll buy a new camera right away! I apologize for any blurry photos and it won't happen again.

So yeah, that conversation went well. I need help guys, URGENTLY. Please find me a camera or three that fit those criteria and are online. I am buying something by tomorrow morning and I would feel so much better if I bought a camera that was recommended to me by a trusted peer instead of random online reviews. Thanks again for reading and advice or even experience, ESPECIALLY experience with cameras. It's truly appreciated!

2. Tom Woolford

Tom Woolford Elite Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    I've used a Canon A560 with no complaints, and I use it at lowest resolution.

3. AnonApprsr

AnonApprsr Elite Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Massachusetts
  4. JamesRockford

JamesRockford Senior Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Well what do you know, slick got taken to the woodshed.

This one's about your speed.

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/gimage...oid_redeux.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  5. Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    I would suggest going to the nearest Walmart and finding a Cannon Digital Elph. I have used various versions of those for over ten years and they keep getting cheaper and cheaper. They take very clear photos at the 480 x 640 resolution. They are smaller than a cigerette pack so they fit in pockets easily. They come with a long cord so they can be hung on the neck if you wish. I don't hang it around my neck but have extra keys to my car, HUD, Fannie Mae REOs, etc. That way I don't lock myself out of the car and can open most REOs since my camera is with me if I get out of the car. The noise of all those keys help me keep track of it.

6. CGgonnabee

CGgonnabee Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Virginia
  7. stangtime

stangtime Senior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Maryland
    I bought a GEA950 a couple of years ago for appraisal work because it used AA batteries, but the problem I ran into was it went through batteries incredibly fast. I think I was getting about 50 or 60 pictures per set of batteries.

I've been using an old Kodak Easy Share DX7440 for years and it has been very reliable.

Dan

8. Rich Heyn

Rich Heyn Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    I picked up a Samsung SL50 about a year ago for maybe $75. One advantage for an appraiser is that the zoom lens is more wide angle (equivalent to 27mm) than most others. Don't imagine it's all that "droppable" though.

9. Lee in L.A.

Lee in L.A. Elite Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I like my Kodak V705, but they don't make that anymore.
    Just get a new small camera with a wide angle lens.
    Most anything should take decent pictures these days.
    Or get an Iphone. Or some smart phone free with contract. :shrug:

Nobody wants big megabyte photos, so you can use the low resolution mode and they'll be happy. :beer:

I'm not Ansel Adams here, I don't think any of us are.
    Although I do have a Nikon D40 digital SLR that I might use on occasion.
    Such as a fancy house. Panoramic view. :leeann:

Picked that up with 2 lenses, an external flash, bag, etc for $300 used last year. A bit much for appraising your typical stucco box or shotgun shack. But I still have a Captain Kirk style dumb phone. :leeann2:

10. PropertyEconomics

PropertyEconomics Elite Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    I think the fact that your camera is "blurry" is related to your dropping it. I dont think there is a digital camera made in your price range that can be dropped ... y ou are going to have to simply take better care of your equipment if you intend to keep this client happy .... it is what it is and our tools require our care.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.