Best stip of all times

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Ray Miller, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    “Please remove all under garments such as bra’s and panties or retake picture of apartment 1 with out the under-garments in it. Our lender would prefer not to see under-garments in the photo's".

Just got to love it.

I did a three plex and one of the apartment’s house three female freshman students. When I inspected the apartment they had bras and panties hung just about every where; off the window latches, door nobs, shower rod, on the beds, across the kitchen chairs. I do believe they had staged the set, just to see what kind of reaction they would get from an old coot as their eyes seem to follow me around the apartment... As I left I noted to them nice scenery and they broke out laughing. Freshmen girls!!!!!!:nono:

2. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Please email copies of these photos. my email address is listed in my profile. Thank you.

3. Lost Cause

Lost Cause Senior Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    At first I thought the bank wanted you to remove your underwear. My second thought was, why is Ray wearing bra and panties?

4. Mile High Trout

Mile High Trout Elite Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    an unexpected thread

That's a bonafied additional trip fee. It's a good idea to have the landlord prep the residents. Landlords are also helpful to bring along so they can remove bras hanging from chandeliers, expended kegs, sleeping couch crashers, etc at freshman party flats.

Lesson learned Ray; Never inspect a college flat on the weekend.

5. David Mescon

David Mescon Senior Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I suppose you're gonna forward them to the appropriate authorities? :)

6. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    No. I will keep them in my private appraisal library for later study.

7. eld2310

eld2310 Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Washington
    I once had to ask a tenant to hide his bong collection so I could take the photos...and I would have done the same in this case with the lingerie show. Are you truly surprised to hear that the photos were considered inapproriate for an appraisal? Or did you send them off with a little smirk and a "we'll see how this goes over" attitude?

8. mikeinpittsburgh

mikeinpittsburgh Junior Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    OMG someone might see underwear! I am not an interior decorator. I take pictures of the property. If there is stuff in the picture that's what was there. What's next cover a copy of David? "Please drape your statue so I don't get in trouble with some cube dweller".

9. Eric C

Eric C Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Call the girls and tell them that the lender wants them to remove their bras and panties for you to retake the pictures. Simple, go back, take the pics and share.

10. Smokey Bear

Smokey Bear Elite Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    :rof: :rof: :rof: :rof:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.