1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

burnt out.

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by nicholz12, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicholz12

nicholz12 Senior Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Massachusetts
    I used to love my job, I thought it was the greatest job in the world... now, I absolutely hate it... I'm taking 2 months off...
    do you think I am burnt out?
    I'd appreciate all comments...
    thanks,

2. jmarch305

jmarch305 Sophomore Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Probably, but your not alone. Do you go to association meetings to vent with others who are also possibly burnt out. I have found a little helpful. Hang in there someone on AF said it will once again be a great profession (in like 20 years). We'll have to see how many hang in there.

3. jlabauve

jlabauve Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Louisiana
    You're so fortunate that you can take off 2 months. I hope it helps. Right now, I can't afford to take off for 5 minutes! Good luck.

4. nicholz12

nicholz12 Senior Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Massachusetts
    I used to sell real estate... thinking about going back to that... I've been doing this for years, it's changed... and not for the best.
    and, I'm not talking about the education requirements, I've got a BA... I'm talking about what we have become...

5. Mr Rex

Mr Rex Elite Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
  6. Mejappz

Mejappz Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    I know exactly how you feel. This is what happens when somebody is self employed has there own small business and virtually has the rug pulled right under there feet by big goverment, zombie entities and greedy companies who have no respect for anything we do. I am going through a similar stage however unlike you I can't afford to take two months off. I will say that on most days I don't even want to get up from bed and on the rare days that I receive an appraisal assigment it almost feels like a burden. Like BB King says "The thrill is gone"

This will make you feel better http://popup.lala.com/popup/432627069328557054

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  7. nicholz12

nicholz12 Senior Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Massachusetts
    I think while I am on this hiatus, I will take a long hard look at this profession. There's gotta b something better.

8. nicholz12

nicholz12 Senior Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Massachusetts
    mejappz.... that's exactly how I feel!
    I cringe when I get an appraisal order... I'm turning down appraisal orders, lying, telling them I'm out of town for the next week. omg.
    and your right, I am very fortunate I can take this time off.

9. Caterina Platt

Caterina Platt Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    When you figure out what that new profession might be for someone who loves real estate, economics, etc., please let us know.

I had signed up to go back to college, and was really, really considering nursing. Now that is completely on hold until we figure out how the government is going to screw that as well. :angry:

10. nicholz12

nicholz12 Senior Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Massachusetts
    strange you mention the medical field, as I have already tried that one... found out that I can't stand the sight of blood... I thought I could get over it,... but it is what is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.