1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Can't export to AppraisalPort.

Discussion in 'NCV Software' started by Sammy L Pittman, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammy L Pittman

Sammy L Pittman Junior Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Texas
    After installing build 180, clicking on Export >>> Appraisalport, nothing happens.

2. jdbiggers

jdbiggers Senior Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Very odd.

Can you send me the report file you are trying to export?

Also, did you happen to install any other software that may also use AppraisalPort that might have hijacked the FNC program controls?

JD
    NCVSoftware

3. Sammy L Pittman

Oct 24, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    I haven't installed any other software or updates other than NCV update. It stopped working after I updated to Build 180. Still not working with 181. How do I send you the files I am trying to export?

4. jdbiggers

jdbiggers Senior Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Just email it to me.

Report files, unless you save them to a different folder, are by default in the...

"{My Docs}\NCVSoftware\NCVForms\Reports" folder and they end with the extension ".nfr"

I tested several files with both 180 and 181 and worked fine every time, so I'd like to start with the actual file to see if it may be an issue with this.

JD
    NCVSoftware

5. stangtime

stangtime Senior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Maryland
    If you need to get the report out immediately just save the file separately and then upload it through AppraisalPort that way. I don't upload straight out of NCV.

Dan

6. Sammy L Pittman

Oct 24, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    I don't upload directly from NCV either. I convert to ENV file then upload, but in this case nothing happens when I try to convert. Appraisalport won't accept any other format.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled build 180,181 to no avail. I've opted to go back to build 124 again for now because it works fine and I'm pressed for time.

I'm still using Windows XP. Do you think that has anything to do with it?

JD, sorry for my lack of knowledge, but how do I send the files to you? I tried here with Private Messages and on the NCV website, but I didn't see a link to attach any files.

7. jdbiggers

jdbiggers Senior Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Built right into NCVForms, in the Help menu, is a "Send Support" option which also allows you to attach files.

Just select that menu option, type a small message, add the report file, and click Send.

JD
    NCVSoftware

8. rothme

rothme New Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Maine
    I am not able to upload to AppraisalPort either. I have not installed any other software. How do I go back to Build 124 so that I can get my report sent?

Thank you,
    E.G. Roth

9. stangtime

stangtime Senior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Maryland
    I don't think it is the latest build. I sent one in last night without any problems.

Dan

10. jdbiggers

jdbiggers Senior Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    There was an issue where if there are pages that cannot be converted it would not start the conversion unless the pages were deleted. Remember, FNC will not accept many pages, so there is no point in having them in your report since no one will ever see them. However, it should have simply skipped such pages and continued, and it was not doing so properly.

This has been fixed, as well as an issue on some systems pressing the "(" key causing a violation.

The new build will be posted shortly.

JD
    NCVSoftware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.