1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Certmail...do You Use It?

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by TEL2002, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEL2002

TEL2002 Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Louisiana
    For those of you that use certmail, what do you think of it. Any good. Is it easy to use, etc.

I've had the capability but just never used it. Does it tie easily into your outlook express, so you don't have to sign on to several different things to see all of your emails?

How have you set up your 15 different accounts? Any recommendations there?

2. Robert Vetter

Robert Vetter Sophomore Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I use un-Cert(ainty)-Mail. I never in a million years thought I'd be saying it, but thank gawd I have AOL as a back-up, beacuse Cert-Mail server is down, up again, down, up again, down, up again, down, up again, .........................., and at the moment, down (for the past 18 hours) and not usable.

3. SmilingDog

SmilingDog Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I'm switching my cert mail to another host company with a better track record or email systems. It seems Alamode is doing email only as a byproduct of their other features. They don't seem to take it seriously. Email down for nearly 2 days!!!!! No refunds of any kind. Tech support told me on two calls to them that it was a server backup issue. BULL SH!T.

It's more likely that they were changing their DNS servers and how they are pointed in the internet which is out of their control and can take 24-48 hours, just like when you change a domain name.

It does not take 48 hours to remove the corrupt hard drive and insert a backup.

4. Nelson Araujo

Nelson Araujo New Member

Jul 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    New Jersey
    I'll agree its not very reliable.
    It seems like its just a little add on bonus for an xsite,and it really isnt taken seriously...
    blah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.