1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Changing files, anybody else?

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by George W Dodd, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George W Dodd

George W Dodd Senior Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Virginia
    Strange issue with a Aurora that is changing a file to another property. Here's what happens:

I create a file for 123 easy street, complete the report, bill, and send it off the client. A couple of weeks pass and payment comes in. I then open the report, which still shows 123 easy street in the file cabinet, and the report is now 456 main street. When I exit the report I then have two 456 main street files in the file cabinet. When I check Vault I see the report 123 easy street but when I download and open it, it has changed to 456 main street.

When I go to MS explorer and search the file directly, the zap file for 123 easy street is very large (4+megs) whereas typical files sizes are 2+megs. I then delete the zap file and rename the bz files until I am able to recover the file for 123 easy street. Most of the time the bz2 works but occasionally I need to use the bz3 report.

Am I the only one this is happening to?

2. Clint VanNest

Clint VanNest New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Never ran into that problem. But, do not download alamodes newest update as it has removed the bz2 and bz3 backup files to limit hard drive space usage. Good Luck.

3. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    These type of comments make me glad I'm still an antique running Athena. Haven't had any of those problems there.......I think I'll wait just a bit longer.

4. MS Rebel

MS Rebel Senior Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Mississippi
    And I thought I was the only one left using Athena. :rof:

I hope it's years before I have to switch. I'll watch for Otis to post .... and wait to see if he has problems!

:leeann2:

5. Gregory Beck

Gregory Beck Senior Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    We have a staff of 7 appraisers and no one has had that problem.

6. George DW Parry

George DW Parry Sophomore Member

Oct 22, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    California
    I am also still using Athena as is my Mentor and several Appraiser pals...

We will see what time brings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.