1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Changing From Aci To Wintotal

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by Alison Swain, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alison Swain

Alison Swain Senior Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    After reading your posts regarding Aurora, you guys have me scared to death! And they made it sound so simple at the alamode software convention!

If I have absolutely no experience with WinTotal, how long should I expect it to take before I have any semblance of competency with WinTotal? And do I dare install Aurora any time soon? :unsure:

2. Greg davenport

Greg davenport Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arkansas
    Since you don't use wintotal now, the time spent learning should be on the new version, not the old version.
    My advice is to make time for a long weekend make the change, and learn the new software.
    I have been using Aurora for 3 weeks now, yes there are some issues with it, but nothing that has stopped me from getting a report done.

3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
    Alison, I guess I'm slower. I've always used WCA, but now work with a Wintotal crowd. I took me a good 3 weeks figure out Wintotal, learn my way around and get back to a normal pace. But then again, I'm doing more narratives now... and unlike riding a bicycle, you do forget! :lol:

4. JonGalt

JonGalt Junior Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    I switched from ACI to Wintotal a couple years ago. I was writing reports immidiately and started to learn the shortcuts on the fly. Wintotal blows away ACI in most ways. You should be able to write right away but perhaps slightly slower at first. I haven't started using Aurora yet but plan to install it on my "spare" computer soon and try it. When I'm convinced it works properly on the spare I'll load it to my "Ferari" B) computer.

5. Dale Smalley

Dale Smalley Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    It is not like the wiz bang demo but you can get the work out. Hopefully the productivity with get faster as time goes on. Still havent got the fancy timesaving thing like MLS intergration and Xsites working right.

6. Kate

Kate Senior Member

Aug 24, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Hampshire
    You will actually find many of the same features that you already have in ACI. It shouldn't be hard to make the switch. All of the added time savers can come to you in time. You don't have to learn all of them at once. You should be able to get through a report very easily. It's moving all your comments to the new software that takes the most amount of time in the beginning. :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.