1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Check Out These Comments

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Travis McGee, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travis McGee

Travis McGee Senior Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Question- in reviewing an appraisal, if the appraiser's names are blacked out by client, how can it be reoported? Thanks. Working on a doozie.

2. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Send it in to FREAB anyway and let them get the name from the lender.

3. Chris Colston

Chris Colston Elite Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Hope it's not one of mine......JUST KIDDING! :rofl:

4. jeff samolinski

jeff samolinski Senior Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Sure glad JO-Ann's not after me!!

5. Don Clark

Don Clark Elite Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Virginia
    B) Actually there is a FAQ in TAF's FAQ books that states it is appropriate to review a report where a name is blacked out. I will research and post when I find it.

Don

6. Damon Pedersen

Damon Pedersen Junior Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Iowa
    Jo Ann:

Complete the review and send it in to the client. Then explain to them that the appraisal you reviewed should be reported due to what you found in the review. Ask them if you could be provided with the appraiser's name.

I would think they would provide that. Usually they black out the name so that the reviewer completes and unbiased review. If your review is done, there can be no bias.

Damon

7. Paul DelleDonne

Paul DelleDonne Sophomore Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Delaware
    What purpose does a review have? Why do'em? The pay is never commensurate with the work involved. Are the BAD appraisers/appraisals ever turned in by the client for appropriate sanctions? I don't think so. I still see the Scums of the world runnin' around with a clipboard and license patching any number on the bottom of page 2 the client wants, without any regard for integrity, professionalism and USPAP. Let the AVM'S deal with it in post closing.

8. Dan Leggett

Dan Leggett Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Mississippi
    Jo Anne: As Pam said, send it to the FREAB anyway.

Don: SR 3-1 [v]

Paul: The pay is never commensurate with the work ONLY if you elect to accept a lower fee. If you are still seeing "Scums" in the industry, whose fault is that?

9. Randy Beigh

Randy Beigh Senior Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Paul

There are 2 differents issues in your post, pay and doing reviews of your peers.

How much you get paid is your hands. You decide what you are worth.

Just because ABC Company says we pay $XXX for reviews, does not mean you can't say, I need $YYY. If the company and you cannot come to a negotiated term, then don't do the assignment.

As long as the system is set up for peer review, I think we should all be doing reviews, but I think we need training and experience, so that we are not arbitrarily ripping on each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.