Commercial BPO Form?

Discussion in 'Commercial/Industrial Appraisals' started by farmers soul, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmers soul

farmers soul New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    Texas
    Hello-

I am a licensed, Certified General appraiser in Texas, and also have my Broker's license.

I am looking for a "form" do to a BPO on an office building. I typically do fee commercial appraisal work, and some leasing/tenant rep work, but do not have a "form" for commercial BPO's.

If anyone would be willing to share something like this with me, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for all of your help!

2. Scott Lanz

Scott Lanz Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Minnesota
    Brave post.

I have not seen a form for commercial BPO's. I think you could generate one quickly given your skill set.

3. Michigan CG

Michigan CG Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 1, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Considering you have a "client" wanting a BPO for a commercial property why don't you ask them for the form they want?

If they cannot provide it then maybe you are dealing with a client that does not understand commercial work? It is wise to "appraise" the client before taking work from the "client".

4. leelansford

leelansford Elite Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    Acting in your role as a licensed broker, you have not previously had to develop and communicate a "BPO" on a commercial-type property?

Otherwise, "what Michigan CG said".

5. PropertyEconomics

PropertyEconomics Elite Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico

Your listing shows you as an appraiser trainee ... if that is not correct you should contact the Head Surfer and have your status changed.

Why not offer a restricted use appraisal report ... it will be more accurate than a bpo and you will feel much better about how the report is presented.

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.