Condo declaration vs CC&R

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by frozone, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frozone

frozone Sophomore Member

Jul 20, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    2 Q?'s

1.) Is a Condo Declaration the same as the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions. Im currently researching a property with CC&R' and trying to distinguish if its a condo or non-condo PUD.

2.) Per the Fannie definition of a condo project... individual owners hold title to the units in the project along with an undivided interest in the... common areas.

The CC&R's for this property state "Purchasers will not directly own any common property, but will indirectly own an undivided interest in the Association Property as a member of the Association

The Association Property as defined as the common areas within the docs.

Is indirectly owning undivided interest through the HOA of the common areas the same as having undivided interest in the common areas?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. frozone

frozone Sophomore Member

Jul 20, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    Just called my county clerk and was informed they are in fact 2 separate documents and not one and the same.

3. Mile High Trout

Mile High Trout Elite Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    I don't believe so. Indirect ownership is your allotted portion of common areas for being a property owner. The undivided interest would be something like the person who owns the water supply or something equivalent to that?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. AnonApprsr

AnonApprsr Elite Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Massachusetts
    Pull the master deed, which (as far as I understand it), includes what you call the CC&Rs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.