1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Cost to cure?

Discussion in 'Urgent - Help Needed' started by Yimmydatulip, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yimmydatulip

Yimmydatulip New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I'm appraising a home in my market place where the subject's air conditioning has been stolen (the condenser and compressor). Originally I did the appraisal with a cost to cure and checked the box as is..the UW has came back and asked if missing central air conditioning effects the livability of the subject..originally I thought it did not effect the livability or soundness, however, I have decided that it does effect the livability (I'm in SW Florida..it's hot). I guess I could go either way with this (I've seen quite a few people who do not have air conditioning in there homes around here) but my question is...I made a cost to cure on the original report based on Marshall & Swift estimator online and as I mentioned before, the subject was checked "as is". If I change the check box (due to the adverse condition of not having central air conditioning) to "subject to the following repairs or alterations on the basis of a hypothetical condition that the repairs or alterations have been completed" does this mean I go back and take off the cost to cure in the sales comparison approach? m2: I think I know the answer but just double checking with the people who do know the answer :clapping:

2. Doug DeMars

Doug DeMars Senior Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Yes.......

3. Yimmydatulip

Yimmydatulip New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Professional Status: