1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Degree Required?

Discussion in 'Appraisal Education' started by Tuan Truong, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuan Truong

Tuan Truong New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    I heard that starting in 2006, any new trainees come online must have a BA, maybe AA. This applies to California. Could anybody confirm?
    Thx!

2. Lobo Fan

Lobo Fan Elite Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New Mexico
    The new education requirements begin on 01/01/2008. See the AI website for details. If you want to get certified before that date you must be an apprentice before 07/01/05 to get all your hours in.

3. George Hatch

George Hatch Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    The 'extra' academic requirements only apply to the Certification levels of licensure. You'll still be able to qualify for a Residential License (AL) category without any college background.

4. deturner

deturner Senior Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Kansas
    I think I read somewhere that NC is doing away with the "Licensed Appraiser". Anyone that is licensed on the cut off date will revert back to a "trainee". Don't know if that is "law" yet or just a draft of the new law. Only levels will be Trainee, Certified Residential and Certified General.

Someone correct me please if I'm wrong because I've got two trainees that need to get on the ball.

DaveT in NC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.