1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Det/Att/S-det Box on 1025

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by lmichels, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmichels

lmichels Sophomore Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Washington
    This has been annoying me for a while. On the 1st page of the 1025, under General Description, you have to check one of the boxes for Det, Att, or S-det/End Unit. Does this describe the plex as related to neighboring lots, or does it describe the relationship of units within the plex? If you have a standard duplex sitting on a lot (1 building), not touching any other buildings on any other lots, is that Detached? Or are the units Semi-detached because they share 1 building? I can't find anything on Fannie guidelines that clarifies this.

2. Marcia Langley

Marcia Langley Senior Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Missouri
    It means the units within the building.

Attached means two or more walls or over/under.

Semi-detached means one wall only is shared. Like an end unit.

A two-unit building where the units are side by side and share one wall would have two units, each being an end unit or semi-detached.

3. icisic7

icisic7 Senior Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I've checked both attached and detached for a Small Res. Income property that was a single house with a duplex behind.

4. lmichels

lmichels Sophomore Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Washington
    That's the way I've been doing it. But out here we have a few developments where the duplexes are zero lot line. Each duplex has an upper and lower unit on it's own tiny lot, and it attached in a long line as if they were townhouses. They're in a PUD, with HOA fees and maintenance agreements. How in the world will I indicate these on the 1025 form? I hope I never get one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.