Digital Signature

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by Marty Lindkvist, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty Lindkvist

Marty Lindkvist New Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Hello!

Well, my best computer crashed and is in the shop. I've not been able to get my digital signature into my appraisal software on this old computer. When I scan it in and then crop it to remove the white space, it makes the signature take up the whole page and etc. I've tried everything that I know how and nothing worked. I've got appraisals done that will be late if I don't upload them to the client's website today.

Is it o.k. to upload the appraisal without being signed and fax them the signed pages or something like that? My guess is no it's not o.k. or no that wouldn't work for the client. Please, any advise??? I called alamode and they were no help. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Debra :cry:

2. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New Mexico
    Uh - Marty - do you want your reports floating around out there without your signature? There's nothing, to my knowledge, that says it's not okay, but I wouldn't!

Why not sign onto a piece of mylar or plastic and scan. Then there's no white background!

3. Ariba

Ariba Senior Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    It is important that you scan your signature at 33 dpi and 100%. If you scanned your signature at a resolution other than 300 dpi, you will need to re-scan the signature.

Ron
    AppraiserPlus.com

4. devon marquis

devon marquis New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    California
    i'm sorry ron, but i don't really understand your sentence..did you mean 300 dpi each time? coz you put 33 and then 300, i assume you mean 300 right? i would use otis' advice and just scan a piece of clean plastic with your sig on it..i've done exactly that a few times - no problems. B)
    p.s. why did your computer crash? do you know? what OS are you running/type of comp?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.