1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Do NOT "clean your plate"- Dirty Dozen laced with Pesticides

Discussion in 'The Gym' started by Mike Kennedy, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Elite Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    "avoid pesticide residue"

"You can reduce your exposure to pesticides by as much as 80% if you avoiding the most contaminated foods in the grocery store.
    To do so, you need the latest info from the why the Environmental Working Group's "Dirty Dozen" list of foods most likely to have high pesticide residues. Since 1995, the organization has taken the government data and identified which type of produce has the most chemicals."

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/daily_g...-eat-organic-and-avoid-pesticide-residue.html

2. PLCG

PLCG Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Aw, Mike

Do you realize some of us read this while having breakfast? You know, like my blueberry muffin.

Way to ruin breakfast :rof:

I wonder if I should still have those globe grapes packed for my road trip.....

3. David Wimpelberg

David Wimpelberg Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 30, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    This type of articles really irk me.

Example: Avoid those fresh potatoes. But, hey, don't hold back on the french fries, because that deep frying and salting will sure do wonders!

4. Farmland

Farmland Junior Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
  5. Lloyd Bonafide

Lloyd Bonafide Senior Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California

[​IMG]

Some of the organic stuff is really expensive. We have a Farmer's Market, (mostly organic), every Saturday A.M., 52 weeks a year, that's within walking distance. I have to follow my wife over there every week, just so she doesn't spend $50 on two small bags of fruit and vegetables. :laugh:

6. TEL2002

TEL2002 Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Louisiana
    LLoyd, any bets about the percentage of those 'farmer market stands' that stop at the big grocery store, buy the produce, slap a new price on it and then sell it to the unsuspecting at the 'farmer's market'?

7. Green Hornet

Green Hornet Senior Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Washington
    I know that in my area, the number of folks who raise organic crops is pretty small and the competition if pretty high for market share.

I would guess that the other growers would "out" the cheater pretty quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.