1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Dodd Frank effects on new/upgrading appraisers

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by bobsofi, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    someone's been snorting the brown cocaine at the Spanish Moon....

2. Mile High Trout

Mile High Trout Elite Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    The thread title was about the changing standards and future of appraising.

The thread accompanied topic was strict interpretation of troll like behavior.

Looks like we're going to need a whole new interpretation of troll.

I vote for the SUPER TROLL identifier. Doc just got promoted.

But op, seriously, that's a setup if I've ever seen one. Just roll with it dude. The info is here, you read through the banter and disillusionment and procure your data bro.

So we have a good time, and act trollish by strict definition. How does one mix the phrase I'm your huckleberry and troll? Trollberry is not masculine enough... Huckletroll? Huckletrollberry? Trollkleberry! That's it!

The point of the starter I think is something of concern, but it's difficult to put a future perspective into place, when these other relevant industry issues have been going round and round seemingly indefinitely for so many many years now. Are we not allowed to have fun in the meantime?

I think this thread has a special earmark or something.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  3. sandpiperapp

sandpiperapp Senior Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    Who knew you appraisers were so cool. Spanish Moon with the Tower of Power horn section. I started singing and my wife came out to see if I was in pain. Great tune.

4. David Mescon

David Mescon Senior Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    California

And I always figured you to be a big lats kind of guy. Oh well, I've gotta be wrong some of the time. I guess the stick figure guy is in this generation - I'm gettin' old.

5. Michigan CG

Michigan CG Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 1, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Been gone all day but there is a rule in this house, issued by the queen (my wife) that I stay up until all children are home. Tonight is Senior prom for my son.....so I have been trolling :) tonight. Looks like some folks have been imbibing considering this thread and a couple others.

I remember a few years back that Friday nights on here could be brutal. Settled down in the last few years. Maybe the AMC model has caused less drinking. :new_all_coholic:

To post something actually on topic, it is my opinion that the new requirements will force a shortage of appraisers until the AMC model changes, which it will. It has to in order to survive.

Tomorrow (actually today, actually this morning) my daughter graduates from college. She helped me during college with my work. There is no way I would tell her to enter this profession with the fees and requirements of a 1004 report.

Sure one can make a good living turning in sloppy reports but to do it right, and be credible and ethical one has to spend too much time for the fees that AMCs want to pay.

One can make a good living but the frustration of the constant calls, e-mails and requirements to update multiple websites is cumbersome. I do not know how one can tolerate, as a residential appraiser, all of the need to update this and that, the signing up to websites and keeping track of AMC specific wants and requirements.

My kid is fortunate in that I paid for college. Many kids have $100,000 in student loans after they graduate. There is no way they would want to put up with this nonsense.

There will be a shortage of good appraisers very soon forcing the AMC model to change.

Now where is that boy, prom ended two hours ago!

6. Denis DeSaix

Denis DeSaix Elite Member

May 16, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Same place you were 2-hours after your prom ended. :cool:

7. Mr Rex

Mr Rex Elite Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Rounding third?

8. PropertyEconomics

PropertyEconomics Elite Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico

Now that is funny. I see Randolph is in a better mood. Good for you Mr. Kinney!!! :peace:

9. panappr

panappr Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California

10. Jay Faustini

Jay Faustini Sophomore Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I miss the Blue Troll. His arrogance used to make me laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.