1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Dual Installation Of Aurora And Wintotal

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by incognito, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incognito

incognito Senior Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I too havn't received my new Aurora disks, but am planning ahead for the install, and have a few questions:

Can the new Aurora be installed on the same computer as I currently have my Wintotal on, and run independently of each other?

or

Is Aurora installed over my existing install of Wintotal.

I ask because I would like to be able to continue to "produce" with the old version, while I learn and work out the bugs on the new version.

Are there any "DEMO" versions available for download, or manuals available for download, so I can start to learn about the program? Thanks...

2. liznindy

liznindy Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Indiana
    Bill,

It is my understanding that Aurora installs over Athena....you can't have both on the same computer.

I have Athena on my desktop and Aurora on my laptop. Plan to go with Aurora on my new desktop....when I decide to take the time to convert.

3. liznindy

liznindy Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Indiana
    As for manuals...I think alamode has a video library of features for Aurora...check out their website...www.alamode.com.

4. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    If I remember correctly, alamode's help menu also has a "manual" of a sort that you can print out. I printed it out something like 10 years ago or so.

5. Liz South

Liz South Junior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Virginia
    Aurora does overwrite your existing version of Wintotal. Your settings etc are saved though.

I'm waiting until probably Dec to install on my network since I figure that by then most of the bugs will be out and work will be a bit slower so I'll have time to
    adjust for the differences in work habits.

Attended the hands on training recently. There are alot of new features in Aurora that look nifty. Curious to see how they really work in day to day work.

Liz S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.