1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

E&O Insurance

Discussion in 'California' started by Hanging in there, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanging in there

Hanging in there New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Does anyone know of a better deal for E&O than $850 for 1M coverage in California? Thank you.

2. nstanbru

nstanbru Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I pay $1,000 for 1M coverage, but it includes commercial. The $850 doesn't sound too bad. You can probably shop around on line which is what I do every year at renewal time. I always end up keeping what I have because when comparing coverages between companies, I find that what I have is superior. Cost should not always be the major criteria.

3. Jsidler

Jsidler New Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I was was quoted $720 through JA Price, which was the lowest quote I got for 1 million dollar coverage. I ended up keeping my policy with General Star for $835 and was able to get on a payment plan with 25% down. The rest is paid in 9 payments. JA Price did not offer a payment plan. It is also important to make sure you are covered if a banks sues you and not just a homeowner. Some of these policies don't cover you if a bank sues you. I was told by one agent that appraisers are sued more than any other profession right now!

4. Hanging in there

Hanging in there New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Thank you

Thank you kindly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.