1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Error Encountered While Attemping to Save File:

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by Daves World, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daves World

Daves World New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Connecticut
    Hey guys, I really don't know much about this ACI program but I have a customer that has 3 users running ACI and they all have the same problem. Intermittently while they are working within ACI this error message pops up:
    (Error encountered while attempting to save file I:\Program Files \ACI32\Reports\xxxxx.zoo make sure the disk is in the drive and that there is enough room on the disk for the report file, do you want to try again?)

Now the mapped drive I: has 60gb of space available so it's not running out of room. I don't think it's a connection problem because outlook never disconnects and I can always browse to all mapped drives thru explorer.
    Any advice guys ?

Thanks

2. Webbed Feet

Webbed Feet Elite Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    Yes,

Find out the path they really are saving their reports to and correct it in the ACI software autosave. Turn off autosave.... check the network sharing and setup. It never had a thing to do with available space at the storage location. The software can't find the path.

3. Daves World

Daves World New Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Connecticut
    Alright, I just disabled "autosave", lets keep our fingers crossed.
    Thanks webbed Feet.

4. Webbed Feet

Webbed Feet Elite Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Professional Status:
    If that kills the error message..... you verify the network "Path" is indeed correct.. and the three suspect puters are all using Vista.... you then go in and turn off UAC (User Account Control) on each one that is blocking the network all up and preventing network access to that path........ As I'll bet ACI is not really VISTA friendly yet... Appraisal software companies don't like admitting that very much.

After that, we suspect firewalls and virus checking software... you turn those off on all machines and turn the autosave back on ..IF THE PATH IS CORRECT ..and your network sharing on each machine is setup correctly... . just like turn off the Vista UAC's and turn the autosave back on......

After you get it fixed and working..... you then make sure yer boss knows who really fixed it! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
  5. jay trotta

jay trotta Elite Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Connecticut
    agreed Mr Feet; also ifn you are using Vista - it best be the "32 Bit" program

most software we use is not "64 Bit" compliant

most techs. can get you around the issue, but the amount of keystrokes to accomplish that are "Time Bandits" - we are in the "Time Shortage" business, less is more better (blakboard scratching wit finganails here)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.